Gained practical knowledge of designing and implementing GUI using ATL, ActiveX, COM, and Windows API.
Learned how to organize meetings, motivate a team, delegate work, and how to become a leader rather than a boss.
Vice Chancellor's diploma for excellent grades in 1st year – G.P.A. 4.9/6.0; Final grade 5 (UK equivalent of 2.1).
HeathWallace is a digital agency delivering engaging experiences for some of the largest global brands.
The company is the largest mobile network operator in the UK operating under the EE, Orange and T-Mobile brands.
- Responsive design leveraging the MVC design pattern and PDF functions exposed as RESTful API using Twitter Bootstrap, Dojo widgets (including DGrid from Sitepen) and asynchronous client-side templates with Dustjs. - Responsive design based on Twitter Bootstrap, asynchronous client-side templates with Dustjs (LinkedIn branch).
LoveThis is a start-up with mission to allow their users to share recommendations with friends privately.
- Main developer responsible for the iPhone LoveThis application and its automatic TestFlight / HockeyApp crash reporting, Flurry analytics, Core Data migrations and Facebook integration (now available for free on App Store).
- Proposed and implemented a sync protocol which reduced the initial load of user data from the server by 80%.
Penthera's flagship product, Virtuoso, delivers high-quality video and audio to mobile devices.
- 3 months of iOS development, 3 months of Windows Phone development, 3 months of Erlang development.
- Worked on implementing and testing native Virtuoso client applications on iPhone and Windows Phone.
- Developed a complete Erlang-based library for writing thread-safe concurrent applications on Windows Phone.
- Proposed and delivered a complete performance testing environment written in Erlang and monitored with a Zabbix server that allowed to efficiently test a complex cluster of servers using only a low-profile virtual machine.
- 15 months' experience in C#, Windows Azure, Visual Studio, Hyper-V and related Microsoft technologies.
- Installing testing environments, designing and implementing test cases, proposing and reviewing software designs.
- Gained practical knowledge of designing, implementing and testing highly-available and scalable cloud applications that receive terabytes of data from thousands of nodes and process that data in Windows Azure.
- Proposed a SSH-based technology to execute Visual Studio test cases remotely on FreeBSD and Linux systems.
- Identified and consulted key security requirements which prevented design changes early in the project.
The company provided expert consultancy services to mobile phone vendors and software companies.
- 1.5 years' experience in integrating Symbian components, investigating, fixing and documenting defects.
- Worked on implementing AT commands, porting a Linux/C application to Symbian using P.I.P.S.
- Fixed the most defects in a phone's software, expert in resolving issues where very little information is available.
- 5 years of full life-cycle C++, PHP and Perl development of Symbian, Windows, Linux and web applications.
- Worked on multi-threaded applications and IPC algorithms using UDP, TCP/IP, XML, and BSD sockets.
- Maintained documentation; led seminars; collaborated with key customers, third party vendors, and licensees.
- Over 14 months' experience as a Team Leader, led a team of developers through all stages of project's life cycles.
Yoonka Ltd is my company set up for providing Consultancy Services. When I am not consulting I am working on my own projects that help me to stay current with technology and be ready for new ambitious challenges.
What I do in my free time: FreeBSD, Erlang, PostgreSQL, VMware technologies, Semantic Web (Description Logic, OWL, RDF), DITA documentation, ICONIX (an UML driven methodology), OLAP, and Data Warehousing.